After an extensive community-based facility review process to identify facility needs, the Morton School District has identified projects to make buildings safer, better for learning, and updated to last longer. The school board is expected to consider a possible bond measure for 2022 that would address these facility issues. They want to know community priorities before making any decisions.
Watch for a survey from Washington State University in your mail and please tell us what you think.
Projects under consideration include
- Replacing the current Morton elementary school by constructing an elementary wing with separate entrances and student areas at the Jr/Sr High School building.
- Constructing a fitness addition at the Jr/Sr High School gym for PE classes, athletics and community access.
- Constructing a stadium at the current track and football field.
- Constructing a learning skills/life skills classroom.
- Improving ventilation and electrical access to the metals shop/vocational studies area to expand access to students.
- Constructing a new bus garage to replace the existing building that is unsafe and needs repair.
Architectural review of facilities in the district