Watch your mailbox for information about a community survey about your schools!
We know that Morton Schools belong to the Morton community. We have conducted an extensive community-based facility review process to identify facility needs. There are recommendations to make improvements for safety and student learning needs.
A possible bond measure would address these facility issues, and the School Board wants to know community priorities before making any decisions.
All Morton residents will receive information about a community survey, starting this week. The survey will be available online or as a printed copy, returnable by mail.
It will include questions about the following projects:
- Replacing the current Morton elementary school by constructing an elementary wing with separate entrances and student areas at the Jr/Sr High School building.
- Constructing a fitness addition at the Jr/Sr High School gym for PE classes, athletics and community access.
- Constructing a stadium at the current track and football field.
- Constructing a learning skills classroom/life skills program.
- Improving ventilation and electrical access to the metals shop/vocational studies area to expand access to students.
- Constructing a new bus garage to replace the existing building that is unsafe and needs repair.
Your input is important — it will help determine plans for the future of our schools. If you have questions, please call the district at (360) 496-5300.